This past weekend, I went to Memphis with KMHD + Brittany. They are so cool, easy, and fun to travel with. Can't wait for our next trip.
Weekender packed:
The last time we went to Memphis, we made the rookie mistake of eating way too much Memphis fare (BBQ, fried chicken, BBQ tofu sandwiches), the kind that makes you want to go back to your room, remove your pants + watch HBO until sleepy times. We did it 'lite' + proper this time.
When we rolled into town, we popped into Pho Vietnam to get our pho and Vietnamese coffee fix. THE BEST.
Then we did some crate digging @ Goner Records. I left empty-handed that day. I did peep that KLEENEX/LILIPUT LP, but it was hella expensive:
I could not convince KMHD to buy this thing:

Photo by Brittany
Truism:

A bit of walking around downtown:

Photo by Brittany

We wanted to have a drink @ the gloriously decorated Peabody, but the waitress was both busy and rude, so we strolled down ridiculous Beale Street instead. Britt had never been, so we figured that she should at least once, yeah? I do like to look at the oddity that is A. Schwab's, where I picked up a nice glass evil eye.
Peabody lobby:

A. Schwab's hoodoo:

The way things are:

In my pocket right now:

We checked into our room, had a lite dinner, and then drove over to Southaven, Mississippi to watch the Mississippi RiverKings defeat the Huntsville Havoc, 2-0. It was so. much. fucking. fun. I really miss going to hockey matches. At one point, KMHD & I were going 1-2 times a week. Sometimes I can't believe (N) Little Rock had two hockey teams at once. We had it so good! So, anyway, I don't know if the Southaven crowd knew what to do with three gals, hootin', hollerin', throwing back cold ones, and banging on the glass. I had a blast and thought it went by way too fast. We're planning on going back soonish.

Photo by Brittany

Photo by KMHD

You can ride on the zamboni!

Get out of there:

Victory:

After the match, we went back to our hotel and kept the pardy going:

Next day, before we made for home, we swung by the metal museum:


Got take out:

Photo by KMHD






9 comments:
Gus's is the best ever. It's worth a trip just to eat there. yum!
Blair, Gus's holds up well to take all the way back to (N)Little Rock! Just pop those things in the oven for a bit.
Also, we were talking how you should start coming with us on these trips. Feelin' me?
xx
I HAD SO MUCH FUN! Ready for January. Part Deux.
Yes! i would love to!
Me, deux.
Gals, mark your calendar for Jan 18. MARK THAT DOWN.
I loved following along via Instagram. You gals know how to have fun. Thanks for the introduction to the Riverkings. I actually recall attending a few Riverblades games back in the day. We LOVE Grizzlies games; have you ever been to one? NBA action; pyrotechnics; hip hop music. It's a real good time. :)
Nicole, we've not yet gone to a Grizz game, but we keep threatening it. Sounds like fun.
good call on not picking up that Quazar record. i've already got it. best tune: "Shades of Quaze"
Post a Comment